The Virtual Forge is an international company with offices in the UK, Portugal, UAE, Canada and the US. We are experts in designing and developing data driven software solutions for the cloud and we are looking for a talented Junior Finance Assistant to join our Global Finance Team.
You will be based in your own home, with the possibility of being on site in our office nearby Bath and or partners offices on a monthly basis or when requested.
The Finance Assistant will look after the day to day running of the finances, including processing all financial transactions (Xero), reconciling bank accounts and completing credit control. This post involves inward/outward invoicing including payment progression. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Finance.
- Processing financial transactions through XERO, maintaining accurate ledger balances and records in accordance with current regulations (be aware of VAT input and output tax).
- Access the HMRC portal and be aware of VAT returns, including EC lists.
- Checking and sending sales invoices through Xero.
- Processing all purchase invoices through Xero.
- Working with project budgets to ensure accurate invoice processing.
- Being aware of the trial balance. Eg, Accruals/ prepayments.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts and credit cards company-wide.
- Accurately handling, processing and reconciling employee expenses.
- Assisting with month end reconciliations by processing transactions in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Weekly credit control and reporting on cash inflow to the Head of Finance.
- Ensure monthly statements are sent out to clients.
- Processing pension contributions and maintaining appropriate records.
- Process manual journals when requested.
- Communicating effectively to Senior Managers, Directors, suppliers, customers and staff.
- Maintaining accounting records, filing systems and computer files.
- Undertaking general clerical duties such as dealing with correspondence, filing and cheque payments.
- Any other administrative duties as required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Attend appropriate training courses where identified
- Attend and participate in regular work appraisals and any other support systems as appropriate.
- AAT Studying towards - Ideally between level 3 and 4
- Administrative skills
- Extremely organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using cloud-based accounting software Xero (Ideal but not essential)
- Proficient in Google Sheets, docs and Word equivalents